Thursday

My Parents Memorial Service

       My parents have been creamated and are awaiting burial. In the meantime we had a memorial dinner for them at their favorite restaurant.

     I did not make the arrangements so there was some misunderstanding about having a private room, which we did not have. I turned out fine. The food was family style. It was OK but nothing to brag about. We did not realize that the restaurant had changed ownership since my parents had been there. The old staff and owners really knew my parents well. The new Mexican owners and staff did not know them although when my sister made the arrangements they said they did. I think they did not understand English too well.

      Anyway, the deal was that we would be charged $12.95 a person which seemed reasonable to me. I expected the bill to be about five to six hundred dollars. They presented me with a bill for $895.00. I asked why so high. The manager told me there were 43 people and the tip and soda were added in. The soda was a liter of cola and a leader of something that tasted like crap. I almost forgot, the tax was also added in.

      Nine hundred dollars was clearly a rip off in my eyes and I find it even more distasteful that they would pull this for a memorial service. Jerks!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP